8.18.2011

在西安留学的同学

A few days ago we received the list of the participants for my program (Globalization Then and Now: Xian and the Silk Road) through the Alliance for Global Education. I had been wondering how many people would be applying for this program, since Xian is not nearly as famous or modern as either Beijing or Shanghai (the two other Chinese locations through the Alliance). I also knew that I was only person to even apply for this program from my home university, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

Well, there will be a grand total of thirteen (13) of us going during the fall semester; ten of us are only staying for the fall term and three are enrolled for a whole year. I think spending the entire year in China would've been awesome, but that would have set me back unfortunately on graduation requirements.

Since there is so few of us, hopefully we all get along okay. The people who have posted on Facebook about it seem to be very enthused for the trip, so that's a good sign. Also, one of my new classmates actually went to my high school, he's just one year younger. I hope we're all able to find each other fairly easily in the airport, because that will make the flight much more enjoyable.

The flight is only five days away, perhaps I should start packing now...


No comments:

Post a Comment